BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dream Journal

It finally happened!! I had a dream...

....where I was Batman.

Seriously! Complete with suit, muscles, and the voice of a chronic smoker. Except, I wasn't in Gotham City, I was at Danbury Elementary School, protecting a whole playground of kids from the possibility of Joker... who might not have even existed. I really wanted to join in on the kids' fun, but I was scared that justice just couldn't take a break. I eventually took action, but everything got really hazy at that point until I was no longer Batman but at a basketball game with some buddies.

Ok, for the basketball dream, I'm gonna have to use a certain 4 letter f word that may be offensive to some readers, so beware. And I am no longer Batman at this point in the dream, but still Batman in real life.
One of the players on the other team was an old roommate of mine from college who actually never played any sports with us but was quite good at throwing swing dance parties in the house. I was watching the game from the bench, and the only thing I remembered was him shooting a three-pointer and the gym getting dead silent as the ball was in the air--kind of like one of those dramatic basketball movie last-shot-to-win-it-all things... except as it was about halfway there, the said roommate let out a really sad sounding... fart. Sorry!!! When I say sad, I don't mean weak, but more of like a decrescendo minor key kind of thing, cause it was clearly audible to everyone who started laughing so much that I'm pretty sure I cried right on my pillow in real life. Then the shot went in, and I was like, "Should that count? I mean, he got a little boost..."

Why do guys find farts so funny? I mean, is it cultural or genetic? I think it's genetic and we just plum can't help it. I know one of my nephews already thinks it's freakin hilarious, and he's a bit too young to really let culture mold him too much. At least he knows it's inappropriate now to do it at the dinner table.

So I've always known that emotions are pronounced in dreams--at least they are in mine. I've been angrier, sadder, and happier in my dreams than I've ever been in real life (and I'm talking real REM dreams, not fantasizing) and now I think I've laughed harder than I ever have in real life. And I can say that if there was ever a time that undigested beef played a part in my subconscious like Scrooge claims it can, it was last night.

1 comments:

Justin said...

I laughed so hard about your fart dream.