BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Batlanta

This past weekend, I tried to do this punny thing with an overly-friendly lady at some corner cafe in Cleveland, GA. She came out of nowhere and started talking to my friends and I about how her son had just won two baseball games and was all giddy and huggy about it (again, we were complete strangers to her just moments before--gotta love the south). So I says to her, "Maybe you should enjoy some... BUNT... cake?" Cause in baseball you can do this thing called "bunting"...
It was such a bad joke that nobody even noticed it was a joke. Kind of like the title of this post...
So here comes another sports rant. One thing that I don't enjoy so much about Atlanta is that within my social circle of locals here, I got nobody to talk NBA with! This can be somewhat painful as the Rockets are having one of their most exciting seasons since Olajuwon and my Houston NBA team is on my top ten favorite things right now--right up there with MLP and anime. Of course we want to talk to people about our top ten favorite things in life, right? But I'll tell you this... even after the Hawks just scored a huge post-season victory on the road against the 1 seeded Pacers, I will go to church tomorrow and people will be like, "Who is Jeff Teague?" Maybe Bill Simmons was right in saying that this city (along with Charlotte and Memphis--two other teams that are in the post-season) never had the fanbase to support a basketball team. I mean, they LOVE their Braves and their Falcons (depending on the season) but could care less about Paul Milsap and Al Horford. I am going to test this theory at church today--I'm betting I will know more Hawks players than every single Atlanta native that I talk to at church. Heck, the three I mentioned in this post might be enough as it is.
On a related note, I'm not talking too much about the Rockets so as to not jinx them.
On an unrelated note, I just mentioned sports and ponies in the same post. Hashtag manliness.

Reason to graduate from bachelorhood number eighteen: Your list of top ten favorite things in life is largely dominated by cartoons, sports, and video games. Hoping to one day replace some of those with names of children. Just hoping, not promising anything mom and dad...

0 comments: