BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 13, 2008

From DC to Danbury and everywhere in between

"Why any man would want a wife is a mystery. Why any man would want more than one is a bigomystery..." -Glenn Beck.


Wow, thanks for keeping me company Glenn. Currently I am reading his book An Inconvenient Book. I really don't know what to believe, but I love the way he writes, and I'll probably quote him often, like this nice little mormon pun he included in his chapter about marriage and divorce. So this was how I spent most of my time during the long lay-overs on my journey from San Antonio to Norfolk, Virginia.


As I flew in, I looked out the window and realized why everyone was asking if I was going to Iraq after they found out I was flying into Norfolk. Lots of military business going on there. But this is not where I spent the majority of our family reunion slash vacation.


All the Martins were there. That's a more monumental statement than I realized, seeing as how there were twenty-two of us! So we bolstered the numbers of Green Lakes Baptist church considerably, and the brothers Martin (with the occasional Russell) blew the congregation away with a capella Brightly Beams our Father's Mercy. It must be a lot of fun to be a baptist, lots of singing really loud and standing and listening to kids say interesting things like, "If you chop someone in half, then they would die." The next week we visited old Williamsburg and then Washington D.C. I really loved seeing the monuments, especially the Lincoln Memorial and the Capitol. My best memory will always be feeding the squirrels though.

They ate straight from my hand! What the pants!!

After a long and wonderful trip home where I realized my ability to remember lyrics is like unto a human juke box, I find myself at home in Danbury again. Another week off with my favorite people, and then another week in San Antonio. Who knows what lies in store?

And don't worry about this oil crisis stuff... Glenn Beck has it all figured out: "What we really need right now is a new MacGyver. Pincushion, tomato, rubber band, staple, bandanna... oil problem solved." (page 103)

0 comments: