BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Lost My Optimism Somewhere And I Can't Find It

So my plan for EFY this summer didn't work out when they didn't offer me any more contracts. I have just the one in mid-summer, so I may as well go to school and find a way to apply for the Communications program, which looks pretty dismal considering I am 22 credits over the limit and every one will count against me in the process.
Then again, now the 211 class is full and 239 isn't even offered in the summer. So scrap that plan, I guess I'll just work full time.
I took my books back today from last semester and this one... BYU didn't buy any of them back. So, perhaps I'll have some ceremonial burnings... "I'd like to burn this textbook, I hate this stuff so much!"- It's from a song.
Then I came back to my car after 45 minutes on campus and found a parking citation on it. I thought reading days counted as Saturdays. EXPLETIVE!
So, as minuscule as all these rejections are, I still can't help but be baffled by it all... where did I go wrong? Perhaps it's just time to welcome Murphy into my life with arms wide open, knowing that if there is a possibility today that my pants will catch fire, then they definitely will.

On a positive note, the ward talent show did happen. I was the MC, and the singer for the closing act. It actually went well! This is another reason I'm going to miss my roomies so much.
If you want to see it, just check my facebook account, it's called "The Todd Martin Experience".

4 comments:

Retep Graybeard said...

You better not watch any Rockets playoff games or you might curse them with your bad luck!!!!

I Study Sticks said...

So true! Every time I start watching a game, the Rockets start doing terrible! I turned on the last Dallas-Houston game and we were up by 14, then five minutes later we were losing.

Bentoxic said...

It's time to change, then. The Mario background MUST GO! Relry...

imemary said...

How did you get a band to name itself after you, even if you are in the band?