BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sometimes I Complain

On this the last day of classes, I decided to drive my car since it was freezing outside. In order to do so, I had to get rid of the ice on my windshield, but my scraper fell apart so I threw warm water on it. This worked like a charm... until the warm water subsequently froze on my windshield. It was 6 degrees outside. And my house is drafty...
It's now been over a week and a half since Waylon was supposed to be replaced with the bridge. Apparently, the crowns haven't come in yet. Every day they say they will be delivered, but still they do not come! I dare not leave this place... I am dangerous; more dangerous than any wild animal stalking its prey!
It's from a musical.
Anyways, big news but not so big: earlier this week I turned in an application to do that which I must do, even if I don't particularly enjoy it: officiate intramural sports. On Monday, I went in for an interview. Many familiar faces... they told me I'd receive notification via e-mail on Wednesday on whether or not I'm in. It's Thursday, and no word.
As I was walking back from the interview, I ran into this girl that invited me to come play racquetball Wednesday morning. I was so excited that I forgot to mention to her that I had an important class at that time in which the final would be discussed. Mercifully, the class ended early, so I still had time to get my stuff and see if she was there. I rushed home and threw my racquetball stuff in the car, and then drove to campus. Now, driving to campus anywhere between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. is always a bad idea. Foiled by parking again! After 20 minutes of fruitless searching for a vacancy anywhere on campus, I threw in the towel.
After all this, I am stuck wondering why my life is kind of like a sitcom, where I am a minor comic relief character that never progresses because it would ruin a whole string of running jokes.
On a positive note, Tuesday night was a lot of fun. You guessed it, country dancing again, and not just the club night type. I mean, this was a big shindig like the dance labs of yesteryears where you get extra credit for bringing refreshments. I kind of forgot about the whole refreshments thing, but luckily I had an unopened box of Mini-Spooners that actually serves as great finger food, but is more likely to get overlooked in the presence of sugar cookies and salty chips. And indeed, it was overlooked--extra credit and I still have that unopened box of Mini-Spooners. The dancing was a lot of fun too, my Canadian cowboy instructor was the Dj, and I almost died during the line dances because I was feeling light-headed after selling plasma earlier in the day.
So now I am here home alone, as my roommates study fervently for finals. I am done with class and homework, and I have only two finals (one of which is a take-home essay type, my favorite!) and a benchmark on Tuesday. What then? Well, eventually I'll be back to say howdy to the good weather and good cookin'.
Maybe I could find a girl to bring home in, what, ten days? Snicker...

4 comments:

Jon said...

Stop selling plasma!

Bentoxic said...

Why didn't you call racquetball girl?

Retep Graybeard said...

Because he is a GENIUS!!

I Study Sticks said...

Don't have the number, never got it, woosed out, beat myself up for being a pansy.