BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chuggin Along and Fighting Raptors

Life has some weeks which you foresee are going to be crazy busy. This semester has been full of them. Then again, compared to last semester, every day is crazy busy.
However, when life is crazy busy, it is stressful and causes anxiety, but it also feels so good... I think they call that eustress. If I was ever to start a counciling firm of any type, I would call it "You-Stress", and fill people's lives with good habits until they became crazy busy. Hugs all around!

So, about last week. Well, there was this one instance where I was reffing in the trail position (which is on the perimeter of the 3-point line), and I was watching my area and this guy totally throws me the ball. Not having the reflexes to dodge, or to even not catch the ball, I catch the ball... and I stand there for a few seconds as the players wonder what I am going to do. I wonder what I am going to do too... Then I think of a solution: Why don't I play the ball as if I didn't have the reflexes of a sloth! So I toss the ball over my shoulder and call it out-of-bounds and the team that mistaked me for their teammate.
I later realized that was a bad call... sorry team that mistaked me for their teammate.
But what is with me? People are always throwing me the ball thinking I am their teammate! It happened again today (which marks about the fifth time so far this semester), but I certainly didn't catch it! Nope, I took it right in the chest. It hurt. The ball stayed in play and the team got it back. Hooray.
Moving on with last week, I visited one of my oldest friends who recently returned from her mission. She made Dutch food which was excellemente, and then we watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, which made me giggle... a lot! Then we danced to milli vanilli youtube videos. Blamin' it on the rain, baby!
So I got home and compulsively decided to go to a Country Dance shindig at the wilk, which was fun. That's the first time I've been dancing this year, so I was a bit rusty. Most girls just laughed at me. Hooray.
Then on Friday I had a date. Hooray.
Apart from all this, Lost started up again, I played more volleyball, taught a Sunday school lesson where I depicted Cain as Hayden Christiansen, wrote a song about "Bogeys in my nose", went to the temple, worked out twice, and got several papers done. And I reffed some more. And I babysat. Crazy busy. Hooray.
So after a week like this, I feel so good that it's done! Then again, it was rather enjoyable, but still good to be over with. Sometimes I get so backed up with obligations and assignments I feel like I am on a fast train and velociraptors are jumping on from all sides. I shoot the raptors off the train with some kind of laser gun, but they just keep piling on. Somehow, I always manage to escape the raptor's clutches, but I don't think the swarm will ever end. If they do represent responsibilities in all it's shapes and forms, then they will only get more numerous as life goes on.
Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

Jon said...

We started watching Lost starting at Season 1 about a month ago...we can't stop!! And it has led to some impulse buys of $45 dollar DVD sets. Stupid awesome show. Also, they are throwing you the ball because you're in bad position...float near the halfcourt line and close to out of bounds, rotating as the ball swings. You can still make every call and you don't look like a teammate.

I Study Sticks said...

Hey, I'm where emily told me to be. Maybe it's bad, but i'm there.