BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Randumb Ramblings Inspired by Disney

I just watched Beauty and the Beast with my nephew and niece for the first time in probably 6 years or so. They added a new song? You may not believe that it has been so long since I watched the movie because I have a thing for quoting Gaston as a sort of a facade to the facade of having overconfidence in myself. That one may take a while to mull over in your mind... the facade of a facade. Of course I can't make the fancy "c" required to correctly spell the word... TANGENT!!


So I discovered that this Disney movie is a prime example of Stockholm syndrome, and I think that we will one day see reality shows based on it. "Jenny must spend a week in a magical castle... with nothing to do but read and interact with the ill-tempered and shockingly hairy landlord!"

The other revelation I had while watching the movie is Belle is still my favorite princess. Rip my man card up and replace it with a certified creeper card, but I think that the beast is one lucky water buffalo... despite her being French.

Now comes the other tangent... After the movie I told Andrew and Lizzie that they would one day have their own Belle (or Beast, for the latter... snicker), and then I said that for Uncle Todd... who knows? I remember a day when it was a "when"... now it's an "if". I didn't think it would be this hard.

For instance, as I am preparing to go on a date, I feel... anxious. The most comparable feeling to getting ready for a date was getting ready for a football game in high school. I feel horribly under-skilled and outmatched in every position, but at the same time I can surprise myself... on a very seldom occasion. Both games, both very physically demanding, and both are over in a few hours. Then you get that good feeling sort of like after you finished throwing up... it just feels so much better after you're done.

3 comments:

imemary said...

Oh, Sad Todd, you still have plenty of time to find your Belle. You are too cool to be a water buffalo for the rest of your life. And by "cool" I of course mean "special."

Lindsey said...

Yeah that song was one that they originally edited out, you can actually watch the original version without it still. I can see why they took it out though, it was kinda weird and totally distracted from the movie. And Todd, don't worry...your Belle will come..shoot I got my Beast, he's sometimes my prince charming :)

Retep Graybeard said...

Hopefully you don't get tossed for a penalty you did not committtt (I forgot how many t's so I just made a bunch.)