BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Prose and Cons (Snicker)

Once upon a time in a place that is now simply a patch of air high above the graveyard of Deseret Towers I had a very unique roommate. This person came from a very affluent family from the east coast, so despite the nerdiness we shared, we had a lot of difficulty communicating. I suppose such aristocrats didn't mingle with commoners as myself. I vowed that year to never become one of his kind--those unbalanced, hoity-toity, speaking-with-a-lisp, grammar-nazi, English majors.


English major.

Six years and several D's later, I am here... taking stylistic criticism, rhetorical analysis, creative writing, and British literature history... very much an English major. Why would I ever thtoop to thuch a level?

Well, when I first moved in to my new apartment, we didn't have a TV. I was kind of excited about the idea of having to read to fill my free time... I am currently residing in the fantastic and eerily-similar-to-Harry-Potter world of Percy Jackson. Rick Riordan is a bit juvenile, but also very clever. I mean, he gave Charybdis braces!! That's the kind of creativity I most enjoy!

As such, with my new creative writing class, I am required to write poetry... my least favorite form of literature. I have done it before... I once wrote a lament for the Astros of 2004 who last in game seven to the Cards. Perhaps another Yao Ming injury will provide ample inspiration... jinx!!

Oh yeah, I really thought the title of this entry is one of my best yet. Punny, no?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

my wife is teaching some English classes this year, you could still add!

Unknown said...

My wife is teaching some English classes this year, you could still add!

Retep Graybeard said...

Don't knock Riordan. This series is not his first. He is an accomplished Adult Mystery writer that ventured into Young Adult fiction.