BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Post Title

So I was looking around for my car the other day somewhere in the desserts of Arizona just outside a Motel 6 when I found it atop a 30 foot cactus. Yup, my car was atop a 30 foot cactus. My immediate thought was, "This is going to be great to blog about!" Then I woke up... true story. Texas has gotten pretty routine for me, so I guess I had to wait until I was here in North Carolina to finally post again. North Carolina... try saying that without a wicked drawl... The trip was interesting because it's the first cross country trip I've ever done with a 22-foot Penske hauling a trailer with a Mustang on it. I let Jake do most of the driving. The reason I am here is not for any sort of permanence, only a week-long visit to my brother-in-law's family to help with the trip and the moving of stuff. Along the trip, I realized you can tell a lot about a state just by its billboards... like how South Carolina loves to stereotype Hispanics for the whole "South of the Border" miniature town/carnival, how North Carolina likes to label everything "All American," and how Louisiana loves their adult stores (as well as their "Boudins" and "Cracklins", which I think is some sort of Cajun cookin'). It all nearly made me appreciate the normality of Texas a little more, but then I started thinking about that... if Texas is the standard for normal...

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

your "brother in law's" family? how about your sisters family? much shorter to type and actually makes me feel like the blood relation i am instead of "jake's wife". :P