BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

And the Good New Is... For Someone Else.

Let me say first of all that I have no room to politically rant, so this will be the one and only such post of its kind. I didn't vote. Due to poor planning on my part, my absentee ballot would have had to have been applied for before I headed east, but I dropped the ball there and felt horrible about it. I have never been more invested in an election, and I've never lost more sleep about it.

Of course, I guess my feelings of utter dismay are just selfish. When I think about how my life and the lives of most of the decent people I know have been economically worsened over the last four years, I'm not thinking about so many others who were genetically incapable of self-reliance. There is an entire culture--a growing one at that--who are blessed by medicare handouts and other types of government give-aways (not to mention the emotional stimulus of change and hope and egalitarianism and revenge), and just because I'm not a part of that festering tumor on American society doesn't mean I should get upset with America. Sure, that whole demographic that put Obama in power contributes a lot to society. They are producers of a lot of things, like excuses and blame and demands. Without them, how would the majority-ish of America feel good about their miserable lives? Now they can all sit back and wait for the nation to change to fit their lifestyle. Now they don't have to change a thing about who they choose to be because with Obama and his four more years of change and hope and revenge, etc., happiness is gonna just land on their doorstep.

And if it does, let me assure you, I will be pleasantly surprised. If my life or the lives of most decent people I know are made better by the fiscal policies in the next four years of the reign of collectivism, I would be pleasantly and extremely surprised. But since patterns of human behavior are resistant to change without the Spirit of God, I am going to prepare for worse things. I would love to be pleasantly surprised, but until that happens, I have one question for America:

0 comments: