BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Some Thoughts on Sports

Imagine my delight when I discovered I could watch the Super Bowl without having DirecTV (via streaming on Foxsports). I wouldn't have to spend my whole day finding interesting youTube videos to watch!
Imagine my dismay when it wasn't that fun of a game to watch. I mean, after a while you just started feeling bad for Peyton Manning. Kind of like how I felt about the Texans after watching many of their second halves.
So, the fallout after the game was actually more interesting. The dominant Seahawks took a back seat again as everyone and their dog talked about how Peyton was feeling now. And then that kind of took a back seat as another controversy was sparked over PC America--concerning this commercial:


I watched it and I was like, "How are people getting offended by this?" Maybe I didn't see it because I'm mormon and I'm used to people singing "I Am a Child of God," in like a million different languages.
What I found to be the much more offensive commercial was this one:

So, apparently all German engineers are middle aged white males from... get this... Germany! Uhhhh.... stereotype much? Where's the diversity VW?*

In other leagues, Joakim Noah better watch himself: (warning, bad language is inferred here and probably readable on lips)
I mean, Ron Worldpeace is irrelevant and Rasheed Wallace is retired. Are the refs looking for a new target?
One more thing:
Why aren't the Rockets trying for Pau Gasol? Was he a bad fit with Dwight last year? Also, some people may say he's washed up and everything, but I think he's just been treated badly by a Lakers franchise that is willing to throw anybody under the bus for Kobe the Virus Bryant. He's still got a great offensive skill set, something to break the bad ice when Dwight is not making his free throws and everybody else are not making their threes. Maybe's he's too old for Morey to even look at him... I dunno. Of course, if Terrence Jones continues to be a break out bargain deal (like CP), why even bother? Four spot may not even need all that much of an upgrade.
Ok, my next potato is done in the oven. Time to carboload in preps for my own basketball tonight!! Is it just me, or does gravity pull harder in the south?
*Not a serious rant. More like a satire on the hyper-sensitivity of America.

0 comments: