BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Being alone never felt so good

Don't worry, this is not another 'dating woes' blog. Being Alone was the name of my company in my most recent session of EFY.
Ironic?...
Well, I'm not going to do a day-by-day thing for this one, even though it was so very different from the first week. First and foremost, I had 16-18 year olds (12 0f them), and they were all studs. Secondly, the session director was female, and it was her first time at EFY. She's the only person I know that is more accident-prone than the Martin boys, and she blows us out of the water (she's been struck by lightning, and that was a light case for her). Anyways, the session was much smaller too, but I didn't feel that that made too much of a difference.
So this is what happened: a bit of awkwardness, an out-of-control hamster dance, a whole lot of aviators, guitars during firesides, a whiff of reefer, late-night parties and serenades, fun with throwing counselors in the air, grilled cheese sandwhiches and mission stories, an all-inclusive testimony meeting, my birthday on Friday, a date within EFY, a song for Janis, dances with beautiful counselors, T-9 texting, unabated laughter, and unprecedented spiritual intensity. We laughed, we cried, we ate, we sighed... and nobody died. My boys were incredible, and each really had wonderful experiences at EFY, as they would have had anyone been their counselor. In all seriousness, this has already been the most rewarding summer of my life excluding the mission. And it's not even close to being over...
Here's to my boys, they made it beyond great! Here's to my pants, for being spilled on only once!

Here's to my Lord, who has been altogether too good to me.

To the brethren on Being Alone, love ya'll!
The righteous never have to say good-bye for the last time.


3 comments:

superherotrainer said...

So glad you are having a great time!

Retep Graybeard said...

Not all Martin boys are accident prone.

Jon said...

A good 3/4ths of us are. Who knows about the next generation, but not really looking that good...haha.