BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Win Much?

You know, if it wasn't for Crash Team Racing, my nephews, or games of 21 no-tips with Colin and Justin, I'd think I never win at anything!
Take a look at my fantasy team. I only lost twice during the regular season, and the second loss was because I didn't sub anyone in. Now here I am, ousted in the first round. For the record, I placed Kevin Durant at my number two draft pick because I had a feeling (that's higher than any player except Lebron James). I also made all the right moves during the regular season, acquiring Chris Anderson and Jamal Crawford, and holding onto a hurt Ginobli. Then I made all the wrong moves in the post-season, like not sticking with Roy Hibbert and Beno Udrih. And Baron Davis up and gets hurt too...
So brag all you want, Jonny Bravo. The game is all luck, and you got lucky.
Then my volleyball team for my volleyball class. We keep getting ahead, then choking away five or ten point leads. I think it's me. I am a virus. Whatever team I am on doesn't do well. I mean, look at my high school and intramural record! (My intramural record, between 4 seasons of basketball, 2 of football, 1 of soccer, and 1 of water polo, is about 5 wins and however many losses the rest of those games constitute... which is somewhere in the vicinity of 50). Oh yeah, add one loss for the one game of Ultimate I played on Ziggy's team.
Well, what can I say? You know the saying, "You win some, you lose some". In my case it would probably be, "You win some, but you lose a whole lot more than 'some' ".

3 comments:

Jon said...

yeah, well, I got paid back in the championship. I was traveling all week with not much computer access, so my team played about half the possible games I could have played, there is no way I can catch Ben today. There goes my repeat championship!

I Study Sticks said...

All but one of those wins were on that basketball team with you, Jon, my freshman year. We won like 4, didn't we?

Jon said...

Yes, well, I win. It's my thing. Was that Vertically Challenged or the Cabbit Republic? I think we did win 4 games...might've gone undefeated in the regular season. One of those years anyway.