BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Life... On an Impulse

So a lot has happened in the past few weeks. Foremost and first, I returned to Utah. Yup. 23 hours of driving all by my lonesome. It was surprisingly fun and fast (though I was a little nostalgic missing the times with my parents and listening to the bromance of Tamareire and Lawrence). I stopped in Albuquerque and stayed at a hotel all by myself for the first time. I got in around 10, but I thought it was eleven because neither my phone nor Susan (my GPS) had switched time zones with me. So I watched a crappy movie (Jumper) and then I went to sleep and woke up at 7:15, which was actually 6:15, had some breakfast and moved on to my new house in Provo.
Why did I come to Utah? There are several reasons. The principle reason for it being so soon was mainly for the opportunity I had to work some. The day after my arrival back home I went to UVU to ref for the junior girl's basketball camp.
I think I've vented enough about my frustrations about being an official. Know this: it gets worse outside of intramurals. I could have easily tossed out the fans/players/"coaches" for unsportsmanlike conduct at BYU, but in the regular world, I guess that's what people expect. I decided I want a job where not everyone hates me. That means sales, politics, and parking enforcement are out of the question.
So I had a few interview opportunities, but to no end yet. Then I got an email on Wednesday asking me to come be a counselor in Logan in three days.
Why not? Let's go put the polos on and do the line dances ONE LAST TIME!
And, after an amazing week, I was bone tired but feeling good. I am back now to regular life and the harsh reality that I am yet unemployed.
Let the sun break on the horizon! What new adventures lie in store yet for the summer? At this time, I will impulsively follow whatever opportunities knock on my door. Shibang shibang!

2 comments:

I Study Sticks said...

What are these? Fortune cookies?

Jon said...

Hey Toddy, check out Chrysalis again, maybe they're hiring. That was a great job...except the therapies...yikes. Also, don't discount early morning janitorial work. Pop in some headphones and the time flies. Waking up at 4:30 is better than being hated I guess...