BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Hey Ya'll, Watch This!"

That's what the redneck said before he died. What does it have to do with my post? I don't know... if you really read deep--deeper than I ever intended to write--perhaps you'll find a connection, and then you can let me know.
Back in high school, I had this really lousy injury. When I say lousy, I'm talking it put me out of basketball practice for a week or so, and what with my small stature, I couldn't really afford to miss too much practice, if you know what I mean... The worst thing about it was that it was diagnosed as a deep bruise. As mythical and pansy as that sounds, it backs itself up with a complete lack of swelling... not even any discoloration! So there I was, missing practice for probably what most people, including the coaches, thought was an injury completely conjured in my imagination.
So here at school, tonight, in the first offensive play of our tournament game of this football team I managed to get on, I split the defenders but pay the price. I knew it right after it happened... it happened again. Deep bruise. The pain was so severe at first it made me nauseated, and I HATE being nauseated! I'd rather be hit in the gut with a cannon ball! Then again, that would probably make me nauseated of itself, so the scenario is void. What I'm trying to say is, it's gonna be a loooong week.
But long weeks are not without their perks. Imagine when Saturday rolls around, and the long week is over! Then I get to sit down and enjoy conference, crossing my fingers that Pres. Uchtdorf brings up sportsmanship again.

Now for something totally unrelated!

Here's a shout out to Dan Patrick and a shout down to the miserable Rick Reilly. For the former, I've always considered your show entertaining. For the latter, you can bag on Jimmer's D all you want, but when you bring the church into it, that's just unprofessional, especially when you showcase your ignorance with such things as "no-caffeine honor code". That last bit was actually included in a response to Mr. Reilly himself, bless his little heart.
Then I got to thinking... as an aspiring columnist myself, would I be willing to write that which is controversial, stupid, ignorant, and offensive to great populations for the sake of sensationalism? Well, if I was a sports columnist, I would do naught but bag on big market teams like the Lakers and Yankees, which would most assuredly offend huge masses of people. This is probably why I would never be a sports columnist unless if it was for some joke website like DownWithTheMan.Com, which isn't a real website... yet. Needless to say, I would certainly make mistakes with my amateur attitude.
And who am I to judge what Reilly did as a mistake? Well, I'm not much of one for it, but I think Dan Patrick is.

0 comments: