BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 27, 2012

What Dreams May Go

The dreams of losing teeth continue to happen like some recurring nightmare. Every time it is the same... one or two of my teeth is loose and I will hypnotically mess with it either with my tongue or fingers until it comes out. The sudden vacancy then causes emotions of extreme depression slash anger at my dentists who didn't get it right AGAIN! What a relief it is to wake up in the morning with yet a full smile.
Then there are the mission dreams wherein I am usually quite conscious of having already served a mission in Sacramento. I always know that this is the second mission that I'm on, but only recently has the thought begun to creep into my subconscious: "Why am I getting called on another mission? Shouldn't I be focusing on a wife?!"

Those are the usuals. Interpret them as you may. However, just recently I remember having a pretty cool superpower that when I had just one contact in, I could look at people and see them as a much younger version of themselves... sorta like a lens that receives light from 10-15 years ago, a reverse Hubble telescope if you will. During the dream, as I was looking at a 22 year old version of my oldest brother wearing his coke-bottle glasses, I kept thinking of how I finally had something to blog about and stuff...

1 comments:

Jacob said...

I actually think the Hubble telescope does receive light from many years ago, and we actually do see stars in their younger years. So I guess my point is that your contact isn't like a reverse Hubble, but more like a forward Hubble.