BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Da Engine Done Keeled!

Sometimes, when I drive to North Carolina, I drive through Louisiana.
Speaking of Louisiana, I once was really into this show called "Swamp People." I would mainly watch for "gator speak" which goes something like this:
Quote: "Bleepidy bleep bleep gator bleep bleep chute em bleepidy gator incomprehensible dialogue punctuated by a few bleeps." Almost exactly word for word.
The reason I am bringing up Louisiana, however, is because of this string of trippy dreams I've had. Not only am I having these trippy dreams, but I am waking up in the morning having vividly remembered them... almost to the point where I'm wondering if they really happened.
Such as the time I was wading in this strange river with my older brother Jon and his family, and we were watching the jumping eels. Then Jon was like, "Woa, check out that huge eel!" And I was like, "No way man, that's a hippo. RUN!" So we all ran and climbed up the man-made ladders with all of the rest of the people that were present because it turns out we were just in some sort of animal exhibit at a zoo. And the hippo wasn't really a hippo... or an eel. It was giant freaky gator. Bleep!
Then the very next night, I was out with Trapper Joe (a real character from the show), and we were at a river shooting gators at our leisure. I had the feeling that I was hired help for this guy, but I spent most of my time trying to buy Twizzlers out of the nearby vending machines. Then Trapper Joe went out on this wharf to shoot at some gators, and I was wondering if the wharf was real stable, so I tapped it with my foot which caused it to submerge and pitch Trapper Joe into the river. At that moment I knew Joe was a goner, like we were in some B-rated Syfy movie, and man, the gators really did come after him. He was all punching them in the face though as he got back onto land and one happened to fasten on his leg. He didn't mind. He was only grateful that I was there to help, so I was debating whether or not to tell him that I caused the wharf to submerge as he still didn't know I caused him to take the dive in the first place. I mean, have you seen how he treats his stepson?
Then just last night, I had a dream that I was back in Lake Jackson getting ready to play basketball at our chapel, just like I do every Tuesday night. Much to my delight, however, the floor was now wooden, the gym was expanded, and tons of people were showing up from the olden days. The only problem was that the three point lines hadn't been drawn yet, so some people were laying out an extension cord as a make-shift marker for it and I was warming up--missing all of my shots as usual--when some babies started making noises in real life and I woke up and stuff. I was really sad and disoriented, but it was already eight or so and time to get up.
I guess that last one didn't have a whole lot to do with Louisiana or gators, but maybe you enjoyed it all the same.

The End?

2 comments:

lene b said...

i.love.swamp.people.

Justin said...

I didn't know about Facebook's Pirate language setting. Just changed it.