BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Quality Time with Pops

One of my chief duties during this hiatus at home is being dad's chauffeur. Did I spell that right? In case you didn't catch that, it's the word that sounds like "show-fur"... Anyways, I got to drive him to Sugarland on Sunday and then to Austin today, which is the main theme of today's blog.
Dad and I attended the funeral of Matt Bruder today in Austin. Ya, I have no idea who he is either, but dad works with his dad and we got to know their family a little bit today. And for the second time in my life, I attended a non-LDS funeral, but this one was Lutheran and not Methodist. Interesting... it really is. I think lots of other faiths are catching on to the idea of eternal families and promoting similar ideas. Who wouldn't? The words said today concerning the life of the deceased were similar to those that we heard or said ourselves in January, but concerning belief and what happens now on this new "journey" of his... there was a lot more uncertainty. Not many people out there are really focused on the eternal scheme of things. Occasions like this bring it all more into perspective.
On a side note, we ate at Makeska's barbecue and I spilled sauce all over my pants... typical. We also got a few cases of Guarana, so if anyone needs a pick-me-up, stop on by and enjoy. Tomorrow is another big day, and not only because it's game six.
Did anyone else get really angry when the crowd in Utah chanted "over-rated" when T-Mac was at the line in game 4?

0 comments: