BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

EFY Finale

Again, a large gap between blogs. But this time I was working on something big... or at least for me.

So, the last week of EFY back here in Provo... If I could sum it up in one word, it would be: super awesome! You see, it's not even sum-uppable in one word, and I'm pretty sure I just invented another one! Anyways, I found that if you get a group of guys who are united and have a leader who is willing to do crazy things and everyone else will follow, the week is going to be super awesome no matter who the counselor is. This week, my boys wrote a song for their girls to the tune of "Hey There Delilah":

Hey efy girl
you're so pretty when you're modest
i've got to say goodbye soon
cause this session's almost over
yes it's true
temple square can't shine as bright as you
i swear it's true

Hey there lone zebra,
when the slow song starts to play
just make yourself available
and girl I won't delay
I'll make your day
The might hunter finds his prey
I'm on my way

Oh, won't you dance with me?
Oh, hold me steadfastly
Oh, won't you dance with me?
Oh, hold me steadfastly,
hold me steadfastly...

Hey C.O.W.
It's our last night together
but just add me on facebook
and then we'll be friends forever,
B.F.F.
It'll be just like I never left,
You're the best

Hey Efy girl,
Won't you write me on my mission,
I'll be servin for the Lord,
so other guys don't you be kissin
don't close your eyes,
when you are out with other guys,
my eternal prize...

Please, don't you dear john me!
Stand by me steadfastly,
Please, don't you dear john me!
Stand by me steadfastly,
by me steadfastly...

(Bridge) Two years may seem pretty long,
but you'll be true and I'll be strong
I'll think of you just every other day...

And then one day when I return,
we'll reunite, our hearts will burn,
The world will never ever be the same!
You'll take my name!

Oh, be mine eternally,
oh, be mine eternally,
oh, be mine eternally,
oh, be mine eternally,
mine eternally...

By the way, our company name was "Steadfastly" this week. Clever, no?
So this blog is already pretty long, I'll just sum up the rest of the week by letting you know the fun stuff. My co-counselor was engaged to another counselor, which made things pretty awkward until Friday when they told me it was just a joke. I got punked. At the Friday night dance, I tore a hole in my pants, and promptly fixed it with duct tape. Yay for duct tape! Of course, people probably noticed the duct tape more than they would have noticed the hole... but hey, it's EFY. This week was all about acceptance. Brother Willcox did a stellar job as usual (he was the session director), and it was all capped off with a visit from Kenneth Cope and Sister Dalton, General President of Young Women's. Is that the right title?
And for the second time this summer, ALL the boys in my group bore their testimony on Thursday night. So here's to the summer that made me feel like a million bucks! No, two million!!... dare I say three?! No, I don't dare.

So here's the big thing, I hope it works:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

way cute todd! i love rob thomas.

Laurel said...

um actually ive heard of a couple of efy talent shows where they sing "hey there efy girl" and "shine brighter than temple square" and all that. i mean you have your own twist and original stuff, but its not completely all their idea im sure. i mean obviously someone in the mormon world would have come up with that along time ago.and now i know why you called me lone zebra?? which by the way i am still slightly upset about.

Laurel said...

however i like your video. very cheesy with your last black and white picture. :)glad you had a good summer.

superherotrainer said...

Awesome video Todd. Well done!

Lindsey said...

toady, you're awesome! it's a good thing you are such a good kid, otherwise 54 young men could've done some damage to the head. geez. but all in all, sweet video dude. good job. i need to learn how to do that stuff. maybe you can show me when you're over here. and lolo, way to burst a man's bubble. anything is original at EFY what're you talking about? and how do you know these guys aren't the original writers huh?

I Study Sticks said...

HAHA!! Actually, my little squirrel, I know at least two of the verses and the bridge were completely original because I CAME UP WITH THE WORDS!! Booyah!