BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 15, 2008

5 Words

"Sorry... not able to accomodate"

Thus was my career decided for CES. It ain't happenin.
So I've dealt with rejection before, but this one was a bit more final and devastating, on top of all my other botcheries this semester. One of the few things I felt went right this semester was my Intro to Seminary Teaching class, but apparently I wasn't good enough. Thus the door shuts, I'm not sure if permanently but quite possibly so, on being a seminary teacher, on doing that which I love to do most. I guess I've always got math to fall back on, right? (If only I could type how sarcastic that statement really is.)
So as much of a sucker punch that letter of not-recommendation was to my groin, after a few days of wallowing in self-pity and loseritis, I find the spirit of the season is healing me. Now I've come to grips with this not being the path meant for me, and truly believing that whatever the Lord has in store will ultimately be more rewarding. So no hard feelings, Clint Mortensen, though I wish I knew what happened after two perfect scores on my teaching experiences and twice as many seminary observations as was required. I trust the system is inspired.
And as for this great bomb of a semester, I really wish I could do it all over again. Then again, maybe I just will... at least the math classes. This could be the learning experience that gives me the swift kick in the pants I needed most.
See most of you reading this blog in a week or so!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry Todd. I took those classes too, and they are tough. I guess the good news is that you found out now, instead of after taking several more courses and THEN finding out they didn't have room for you.