BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 22, 2010

If Only Life was Like the Movies...

I celebrate this my 150th post by eating a frosty. I think I am ready to rank frosties up there with lemon-scented dishwasher soap and cucumber ranch and muppets.
Now my frosty is gone and I am sad.

If only life was like the movies...
I could live in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory and have these cups that were magically enhanced to never run out of frosty. Pure imagination...

If only life was like the movies...
Arguments would end with some table-turning decisive comment or point, and the victor (me) would walk triumphantly away with ensuing awe at my awesomeness. Nope, people are just too bone-headed, especially on the basketball court.

If only life was like the movies...
All these girls would have a strong and secret admiration for the quiet nice guy, despite his obvious disadvantages. Nope, girls only like the cocky tools who consistently put themselves in the spotlight.

If only life was like the movies...
Then I would know that after a $130 traffic citation, a dwindling banking account, and miserable grades, everything would turn out with a smashing happy ending. But life provides no such guarantees. Albeit I am a happy person, some things would be nice to be different.

If only life was like the movies...
I could have a T-shirt with the word Pants on it. If only....

After 150 episodes, NCIS still has climbing ratings. I feel that my blog actually has less readership at this 150th post, but that's ok. You are reading this post right now, and that's what matters. I hope it makes your day better, and you can look in the mirror and say, "Gosh darn it, people like you!"

3 comments:

Laurel said...

aw i love you! and i still read your blog. you are a great and entertaining writer. and guys/girls at byu can be annoying like that. but there is hope. i mean your other brothers got married somehow...;)

Lindsey said...

i read it all the time, and little bro you are a total catch. don't ever doubt your abilities...you just haven't met her yet. and like laurel said, your other brothers got married, so you totally have the same chance they did. :)

Laura said...

Ouch. Really? Stereotype much? Well some girls, like me, find "cocky tools who put themselves in the spotlight" quite a turn-off. Humility is essential. soo... sorry to burst your discouraged bubble, but I'm sure there are plenty of nice girls out there waiting to meet you that are looking for some guy who prefers humble girls as well.