BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 22, 2010

Message to the Man in the Blue Sedan

At the end of a seemingly uneventful shift on Saturday morning, I was driving home. Someone honked. I looked in my rear view mirror and noticed a blue sedan with two guys in it. No big deal, the honk must have been directed at someone else... As I am walking up to my door, I hear a very loud and long car horn, and turn around to see that same blue sedan giving me a drive by birdie with the guy sticking out the front passenger window yelling a certain p-word I will not repeat here. Let's just say of both of the times I have been called names after the game, the antagonizers are surprisingly consistent with their choice of words.
I reported them, of course. Following me home is a type of threatening behavior. I didn't mind the name calling or the birdie so much; it actually took me back to my days in Sacramento.

Following me home though? Come on guys! We even reffed a terribly favorable game for you (and yet you still lost, so I understand why you are upset). A quick technical on the winning team, and eventually fouling out one of their players so they no longer could put 5 on the floor. But still, you had to follow me home. I'll probably be seeing you again sometime soon though. No hard feelings, really.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

seriously todd, you need to find a different job. this one is getting ridiculous. jake just quit his night shift for the health center...there are openings! ditch the ref jersey and stupid threats...i don't want to be worrying about your safety because some church ball idiots are ticked that they didn't win where you called a decent game. ugh!

I Study Sticks said...

Don't worry about me, I live for danger.
Whoever threw that brick through my window, you know where to find me. I'll be at home!

That's a quote from coach boone.

Justin said...

Maybe it's time you stop antagonizing them, coach.