BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 7, 2011

Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Night?

For those of you who have heard my saying before that "Dating is like throwing up... you feel so much better after it's done," let me clarify... I still stand by that. Kinda. Maybe I like to date, but it's more fun to talk about it like it's some sort of miserable obligation imposed upon me by my own conviction not to be a male version of the "cat lady".
Here are some other things that dating is like, but these are truly original whereas the "throw-up" one is not.

Dating is like a cheesy gordita crunch in that the first few bites (or dates) are just lettuce and tortilla, nothing to get really excited about. It's not until you get to the juicy middle that you remember why you spent money in the first place.
Unfortunately, I've never been beyond the lettucey outer layer.

Dating is like the game of cricket in that it's competitive, it's a game, and nobody really understands it at BYU. Then again, if you have an English accent, you've got a huge advantage.

Dating is like going to McDonalds, except not as fun.

Asking out girls is like whizzing on a fire hydrant- I only do it when nobody's looking.
What'd you think I was gonna say?

Dating is like fishing where only the dimmest fish/girls go for the bate more than once... at least this bate.

Dating is like wearing pants- I only do it in the winter and late fall, and rarely ever in Texas

Going on a date with me is like making the best decision of your life because it's likely that the next guy you take out will be your husband soon.

Dating is like this blog in that I don't do it as much as I promise myself I will. But when I do, oh the rejoicing!!

People are like paper dolls- paper dolls and people, they're a similar shape. It's from a song.

Dating is like my recently broken car- I'm goin' nowhere.

Let me assure you, these are my opinions, but again they're not altogether true. Are they? McDonalds sounds real good right now... or maybe a cheesy gordita crunch. Highlight of my weekend.

*Disclaimer: You may think I write this only as a whiney pity party, but such is not so. Please do not pity me, as I certainly do not pity myself.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just saw a movie you should see. It's a Japanese film called Train Man.
This made me think that Dating can be like getting on a train. Here are my reasons. It's impossible to do in Idaho (we don't have passenger trains). It's uncomfortable when it's done with complete strangers (blind dates). And you sometimes never know how many stops there are before you're done.
Hang in there Todd. The dating scenes isn't as bade as some trains, like the San Francisco subway.

Jon said...

Dating is like a Dementor...It will suck out your soul.

Jon said...

Dating is like baby-skin gloves...you make the connection.

Retep Graybeard said...

Bate? Really?

Laurel said...

dude, you're asking/dating the WRONG girls if thats what they are telling you.

rem said...

"Dating is like the game of cricket in that it's competitive, it's a game, and nobody really understands it at BYU. Then again, if you have an English accent, you've got a huge advantage."


Except the best cricket player in the world is Indian.
Booyah!