BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 19, 2011

What is Fat Albert Like?

Sometimes, when there's a break in the teacher's lecture, I quickly snap out of the comatose condition the droning voice has hypnotized me into and I hope that he doesn't notice the great red splotch on my cheek from where my head has rested for the last couple of minutes... the last couple of minutes that turns out to be about 45 minutes. Hooray! Only five more minutes until class is done and I can get home and start the oven for another baked potato paradise! Have I ever mentioned that I like food more than most people?

Does this mean:
A. That I like food more than most people like food
B. That I like food more than I like most people
C. That I like food so much I use ridiculous superlatives.

If you guessed C, guess again. If you guessed A for your second guess, well you just don't know me all that well, do you?

School continues on during the summertime, and more than ever I am dreading the march of ages. Time keeps slipping through my hands like a greased rope attached to an accelerating Dodge Caravan. I feel like that if I sleep too long at night, I'll wake up on the eve of another heavy research project, and my sanity will be only so-so. I thought it would be easier with only two classes and a great lack of stress born from hours of taking flak from ignorant basketball fans and players. My Thursday night shows are better than ever, and the basketball playoffs are more entertaining than I can ever remember them to be sans Rockets.

Does that last sentence mean:
A. The playoffs are better without the Rockets involved.
B. The playoffs are better despite the Rockets being involved.
C. The playoffs were best when the Rockets were involved, but they are still pretty good as it is.
D. I don't know what "sans" means.

C is the correct one here, with D being a close second.

As such, time continues to fly most unceremoniously towards that dreadful August, which I thought for a time was less dreadful, but is in reality still quite dreadful. Not to mention there lies Spanish 205 and English 495 inbetween here and there, which are a couple of stress bombs I am keeping on my shelf for later use.
Remember that time when I compared life at the end of the semester to riding an accelerating train that is being attacked by increasing numbers of velociraptors? I'm not at that point yet, but I can here the calls...
In the meantime, I'm probably going to keep looking at the teacher as if I'm paying attention, but twenty minutes into my two-and-a-half-hour class I'll be a space pirate captain with a Firefly class vessel and a crew full of hobbits.

1 comments:

Laurel said...

i kind of regret actually finding your link in this one...nightmares!