BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Banging my head on the wall!!!

This Saturday is a perfect dating opportunity. Conditions are perfect: work is off, there's nothing good on TV, I know where I would take her and what we would do. There's only one missing element: THE FEMALE! I always have trouble with this one...

So I pray for opportunities. It's the Lord's will, right? And I go to work today and strike up a conversation with the girl from Folsom (completely unknown on the mission), and I feel like I should ask her about her weekend... instead I ask her about Thanksgiving plans and shortly afterward get back to working on my own, like a good prep-cook (this is at the Skyroom). As I signed out of work yet dateless, I felt incredibly disappointed in myself...

And that wasn't even the worst one.

Psychology comes around at noon, and there is a cute girl from my group who had beforehand said she would not be attending the class the rest of the week. "Hey you're here!" "Ya, I don't know why I'm here, I just felt like coming." And we talked... about Thanksgiving break. And the bell eventually rang, I knew my opportunity was here, and I let her walk away. She's in a jazz choir too!!

Do you ever get that feeling of missing golden opportunities, and knowing you may never have them again? Almost like the Lord prompted me to ask them out, and I missed it. It was hardcore depressing, up until I went to Scoreboard grill and indulged in saturated fats. But now it's back because I'm writing about it. I feel like giving myself a swirly, or sleeping from now until Thanksgiving break, whick I LOVE to talk about so much!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

you nerd. how can you pass up opportunities like that? that could've been you're future wife dude! hehe, just messin sorry. wanted to give ya a hard time. well, don't let it get you down. the BYU dating arena is sometimes, ok the majority of the time, not so fun in the aspect that it's hard to get dates. but you're a man. control your destiny!

Jon said...

Lindsey, please don't say stuff like that...furture wife...bisteira. Why don't you think of it this way, maybe the Lord was propting you to not ask her out... eh!? Really, none of that matters, take it from an experienced failure with women. Its all on you. Heavenly Father doesn't guide our every step, there would be no personal progression if that were the case. Who you ask out and who you don't is all about you and building your courage to do so.
If they say no, take the lumps and keep truckin'. (Until you hit 26 at which time you throw in the towell and focus on money!!!! HAHAHA!!!!!!jk.) The important decisions is where the Lord comes into play. Its a delicate balance between figuring things out on your own and relying on inspiration...if you figure that one out you let me know. I feel like I just rambled about nothing for a long time.