BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Answered

I am a man of faith. For those of you who are reading this and not part of my family or close circle, my belief in Jesus Christ and His gospel restored through a modern prophet is the very center of my existence. This gives me a very different perspective of life. When things happen, especially strange things, I can see some deeper force at work there... even with the seemingly small and insignificant things... or especially with the small things.
So every month I try to focus on some hamartia of mine and work to make it better... last month was the month of courage (and thus, four attempts at dates, two successful), and this month is the month of focus and alertness! I'm trying to overcome this terrible habit of falling asleep every time I sit down for more than ten minutes, especially in class. How do I accomplish these things? It all begins with prayer, usually because I don't know where else to go, Especially with this narcolepsy thing! Does anyone else have this problem? I think it's because my attention span is only about five minutes long. Anyways, back to prayer... so I prayed about it for the first time last night, and today I was falling asleep in my two and a half hour long class (COMMS 101) as usual when all the sudden my phone rang... audibly...
Understand, I haven't turned my phone off of silent for like a year. The only time it ever makes sound (beside the buzzing vibrations) is when the alarm goes off in the morning or when a particularly fussy Andrew needs instant gratification. This instance woke me from my fruitless dozing. Strange, but there was no reason for the ring to go off, except to embaress me terribly as I quickly and obviously reached in my pants pocket after snapping to awake mode. Well, upon inspection, it was still on silent so I hadn't accidently activated the volume, and no one had called and my alarm was still set for 6:15 AM. Wierd... or perhaps divine? I certainly didn't have struggles with the sand man for the rest of class, which was another hour and a half.
The Lord does answer prayers. And just a day and a half after, that was quick...

3 comments:

superherotrainer said...

About that five minute attention span, I have been hearing a lot about it lately. Apparently you and P.D. have the same problem. Many of your former teacher(who are now his teachers)like to tell me how much alike the two of you are. They said that within the first week of having P.D. that is was like having Todd all over again.

Laurel said...

i've been telling you you need a new phone. however, it was probably heavenly father saying "wake up!" this time.

Retep Graybeard said...

I have the same narcoleptic problems. It is the most annoying thing. You tell yourself, "I will stay awake! I will stay awake!" 5 minutes later... Zzzzzzz. I still have not conquered it. I even did a sleep study. They told me my weight was a big part of it, but I had these problems long before I became tubby tubby. Get your thyroid checked. That might help.