BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Birthday Hannukah

Birthdays are so great. Why just have one a year? I figured, it could be like Hannukah and have eight crazy nights instead! So here's how crazy the nights were:

First Sunday... the usual, you know. Church, spotlight, and then game night. We played mafia, and I am really good at mafia... perhaps because I am such a powerful orator! Anyone can attest to this who was there and witnessed my soapbox speeches from the couch...
So on Monday, we had teriyaki beef and baked potatoes... all for my birthday! Ok, maybe it was just for FHE at the first counselor of the bishopric's house, but it felt like it was for my birthday! No school that day either!
Tuesday comes around, and wouldn't you know that the most mild night of the week was probably the night I actually turned twenty-three. I only celebrated by getting a dollar burger from McDonald's, Sonic, and Wendy's each and comparing them (Sonic is the best all around, Wendy's tastes the best but is the smallest, and McDonalds will taste like they used the sausage patties from the morning breakfast sometimes...).
Wednesday was Lost, which in a valiant effort of commitment, I skipped in order to be faithful to the water polo team... and no girls showed up, so we forfeited... but we played anyways, and it was not bad, really. Hope?
Thursday, the best day of the week! After a hard day of work cleaning the carpets of Wymount Terrace, and then donating plasma and recieving an extra five bucks for my birthday, my friends and I played broom hockey again! I got smacked in the face twice, but no broken teeth! The only thing that would have made it better would have been if somebody slipped and tore their pants.
Friday, no date, but we did have a basketball game. Whereas up to this point we had consistently lost by 35 to 37 points, we won this game by 36! I'm not kidding! It's wierd... like twilight zone basketball... then a few of my roomies and I went to Nickelcade and got slurpies til the wee hours of the morning.
Saturday, played some football, went to the temple, and made tuna tetrizzini for myself.
Sunday, that being today the eighth of the eight crazy nights, was another simple game night, but this time within the ward. Taboo and Guesstures... and one warm fuzzy note that called me a sexy beast. Scandal!!!
True stories! And I only had to skip one biology project to conjure up all this fun!

3 comments:

Jon said...

You can catch Lost online at NBC.com...I'm sure you knew that, but it sure is a useful feature.

Dave said...

The truth is. . . . Todd is a wonderful jew, he makes it Hannukah all year round!

Retep Graybeard said...

Actually Lost is on ABC