BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Get Over It!

I'm coming to grips with the fact that being a die-hard Rockets fan costs a lot of emotional chips... wasted emotional chips. For those loyal Houstonians reading this blog who cheer for the big China Man in red, we are no stranger to disappointment, are we?
So why am I so into it? Why is it that few things make me angrier than the countless second halves that the Rockets tank? Why did I blow a fuse yesterday when the Rockets lost to the best team in the NBA? Why am I so caught up with all these teams that I am not a part of?
On a bright note, the Jazz lost! Woo hoo! People think they are the biggest threat to the Lakers... HELLO, 1-11 versus winning teams on the road (of which they have 9 more)!
Anyways, I'm getting over the angry fits associated with this unhealthy obsession. Does that mean I am no longer a Rockets fan? Absolutely not... But if they win, they win, and if they lose, they lose. It really doesn't have a whole lot to do with me if you think about it. So, best regards to Yao and my favorite players on the floor. Your losses will no longer ruin my days.

In unrelated news, shocking trends show BYU upper-classman girls that are not steadily dating someone by the end of the first month of Winer Semester opt to study abroad or go on missions, leaving unfortunate RM's in a tight situation.

The Purple Cobras stay consistent by losing their last game to a team of five players by 34 points. Previous margins of victory were 37, 37, 36, and 35.

Costs of laundry increase as garments and socks disappear. Suspects include roommates and Andrew.

Finally, I apologize if anyone is not a fan of the current music playing. I'm on a country kick right now, so if you don't like, then just buy me a new pair of pants.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

toady, i think we have a ton of your socks, and i know the laundry you left over here has some garments. dude, you need to make sure and take better care of your things when you're over here...otherwise they end up in our endless abyss of socks and unmatched clothes.

Marissa said...

I would not be shocked if some of your socks were at my house. Something of yours always ends up in the wash when I'm doing Justin's laundry. (Usually your jacket? Justin thinks thats disgusting that you throw it in there.) We've been noticing the same socks going back and forth between our baskets lately that neither of us claim. I threw them away. Hm....

Jon said...

Love the Mario music...awesome classicness! Anyway, don't you give up on the Rockets! They will reach greatness again, then your devotion will make it so much sweeter.