BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dollars and Cents

Last week about this time, I was feelin kind of down... a bit ripped off by life. There is no excuse ever to feel like this, but it just happens sometimes.
I was down to $40 in my bank account and I had (and still don't have) no steady income. I am only working like 10 hours a week. I also thoroughly studied my NY Times, yet still got a 1 on my quiz on Monday. Thoroughly is a very relative word, in this case... Also, I was walking around campus and feeling all this angst towards all the happy couples with their happy plans for their happy weekends!
These feelings didn't last long. Eventually I was on top of the world again, though I don't remember which instance caused it. It might have been NCIS Tuesday night, or dominating girls in volleyball class, or remembering a particularly happy time of my youth...
By now, I've gotten CES to pay me for that last session they overlooked, and my security deposit came in from Centenniel. Also, I started working the scoreboard for softball games to get some extra hours in. So, financially, things are going well. For now.
I wish I could say something is happening with the Daily Uni-pants. Nope.

0 comments: