BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 9, 2009

A Dental History Nightmare

Last night, I had about 3 terrible dreams of losing that pesky tooth again... during one of those particularly nasty nightmares, I lost about 4 teeth in addition to the one.
That's what I call dental trauma! Baddabing!
Looking back, since that fateful day of August 29, 2005, my smile has faced many trials. After the six month odyssey of reconstructing it in the first place, I have lost caps on my teeth on... three?... different occasions. And there is that one tooth. You know, the one next to the front teeth that you may have seen me once or twice in my life being without. On the day of the bike wreck, it was broken in half, I have pictures to show it. The first permanent crown that replaced it was disintegrated during an intramural basketball game, it being unable to withstand the pressure of a man's nogin coming in direct contact with it. That's about the time I got to know Dr. Pinnegar here well. That was around March of 2008. A year goes by and the tooth is back in place, until a pick up basketball game in May of 2009. This time it was an elbow, and the crown came out largely intact, but the tooth underneath suffered more loss. As such, it's harder to get a crown to bond to so little remaining actual tooth. The temporary filler crowns never wanted to stay put for the ensuing several months (except the one which the guy in Angleton put it, which covered me through EFY), and even the permanent crowns have now vacated twice. It leaves me to wonder... is it just meant to be? Perhaps my future wife is to love me in spite of my looks, and not because of them... snicker.
So, over four years later, I am still having nightmares of that terrible night on Livermore Road in Folsom California with my trainer George Bush, biking in my dress pants (that would also not make it through the night) and squatting on that pavement thinking to myself: "Did this really just happen? Oh well, give it a year or so, and I won't even remember it happened..."

1 comments:

Bentoxic said...

Well, it could be worse. At least your teeth aren't made of hippo teeth or wood.... yet...