BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 30, 2009

Don't be such a Halloweenie!

It's Halloween eve, but it feels like Halloween has already come and gone for me.
That's great news, because I can officially bust out the Navidad music! Because up to this point, I have only been listening to it unofficially. What can I say, I am my mother's son.
This week came and went largely as any other. Classes bringing discouragement for the future punctuated by brief periods of ecstatic volleyball and country dancing... and then Friday came. We lost our last flag football game of the regular season to complete our record of 0-4 (with one forfeit). Then the night ended with an utterly lame Halloween party. Two wards, one DJ, about fifty people in a parking garage, and no phone numbers. Surprised? Shouldn't be. It's like I don't even care even more. That wasn't the reason the party wasn't hoppin'. I think it was because my expectations were WAY too high. I mean, I actually believed they were going to play music other than hip hop, Hannah Montana, stand-in-a-circle-and-bounce kind of music. I've had WAY too much of that being an EFY counselor, and frankly I'm not very good at it, being white and all...
The night was still fun though. I mean, at the football game one of our players showed up in jeans so I had to lend him my sweats. Good thing I was wearing spandex underneath. He was like, "I need to borrow some sweats." sounding all Italian and like. It's from a movie.
For this costume party, I pulled a last minute French man, seriously thought of about 2 minutes before dance party liftoff. I donned a long-sleeve yellow shirt (ha! yellow), a scarf, expensive looking aviators and french looking facial hair (black make-up). So, nobody could guess what I was... one girl thought I was Brad Pitt. Wow. Anyways, about halfway through the dance, or more towards the end, I did my typical swap into the EFY polo, and nobody noticed. It was kind of dork... I mean dark. I never even made it to my third costume of the night: Tracy McGrady's little brother who got kicked off the team because his jersey was too big and his shorts were too short. I left at about 10:15. Lame.
Thus was Halloween's Eve, except I finished it with some Halo 3 (and I actually didn't get motion sick this time) and NBA 2k9 at my roomy's parents' house.
Now that it is Halloween, I can finish this blog post. Not much doing today, though it felt nice to wake up and not have to go get yelled at for once, even if I did wake up at 11:30 and waste a good chunk of a good Saturday. I went trick-or-treating with Jake, Lindsey, Andrew, and Zabes, and it was a way better time than that silly dance party. Shoot, the only dance party that would be better would be one with the girl standing there alone and the Journey playing loud, and the eye lock from across the room that is so intense it's almost creepy... the move, the conversation, the number, the dance, the duet... the rest would be history. Unfortunately, seren-dippity (sp?) has never worked in my favor, oh cursded concept!
So Happy Halloween! And here's a shout-out to pops on his sixty-some odd birthday! A toast to the golden age of wisdom, success, and never-ending enthusiasm! Every day brings me one day closer to that same age... or at least I hope so.

0 comments: