BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

For My Next Trick, I Will Make My Paycheck... Disappear!

So I get called up Saturday night by my good buddy Creer to go to an EFY counselor reunion bonfire extreme extravaganza party. Wow, so many words in one event... like a grilled double-decker crunchy baja ranch burrito supreme. One day, Taco Bell, you will use my ideas and never look back!
Anyways, Creer tells me to meet him at Gold's Gym, where I park and jump in his car to go to this shin-dig in Spanish Fork. It's like 8:30 at night. We don't get back until 11:45.
Perhaps you know where this is going?
My car was gone.
155 dollars later, I get it back from the impound on Monday. 155 dollars!
Some of you may be thinking, "Hmph, pocket change", but you have to realize this is the pay equivalent of over 16 games of reffing football. That's 16 hours of getting yelled at, called names, and being generally hated. I thought about trying to pack that 16 hours of hatred into the ten minutes that I talked with the tow-guy, but I figured, "Na, he didn't write the rules". Then again, the extra 15 dollars of storage fee that I was charged for leaving the car there on Sunday when it seemed to me that the place was closed because the gate was shut and the business office there not open (saying specifically on the doors that it was not open on Sundays) seemed a bit unfair. When I asked the guy who I should call to discuss this, he gave me the number of the office and said it would just come back to him. I tried to explain how it all seemed a bit underhanded, but he said that their pick-up service was open 24/7, and had I called sooner I would have known that. I told him I did call on Saturday night, and no mention of such was made to me. He didn't know what to say then. I guess I just got screwed on this one.
Imagine how much of this could have been avoided if I was just a bit more observant at Gold's Gym. There was a sign posted, warning of non-patrons and after-hours people getting booted/towed, but it was not posted at the entrance I used.
Clearly, this is a sign that it's time to go back to reffing basketball. Intramurals. $10.50 an hour. After only 15 games of that jank, I will have made up the loss. Until then, hello ramen dinners, lunches, and breakfasts!

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Oh man, Todd, that's no fun! Remember next time that Centennial has no towing contract. . . .

Good luck!

superherotrainer said...

Can a guy just catch a break?