BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 9, 2009

Life's Recurring Themes

I would have named this post "Deja Vu All Over Again" in a tribute to Yogi Berra, but I've already used that title. Yet another of life's recurring themes.
The real pickle deal here started the other day when I was brushing my teeth... and Waylon (that's the name of that fickle fake tooth that often falls out of my mouth) starts moving again. I'm thinking, "Great, here we go again". I knew Waylon's days were numbered, and this knowledge seemed to wrack my sleep with unspeakable nightmares. Sometimes I take these late afternoon naps, and every one I took for the last three days was accompanied by nightmares of Waylon falling out. I'm not kidding! Today's was particularly nasty: I remember thinking in the dream that without that tooth and with this mustache, I pretty much qualified for the ugliest person on earth (it's only what I thought in the dream, it's not a reflection of what I think in real life). With that revelation, I sat down on the ground, in my dream, and cried. Do you know what it's like to cry in your dreams? You can feel the despair, the depression, the dry-throat, sobbing, emotion-stuffed worst-day-of-your-life feeling in your sleep! I know I certainly did!
Then I woke up from my nap and not two hours later, the so-called "permanent" fell out when I was eating a sandwich. I sat down and cried. Not really... but I felt like it.
I AM THE UGLIEST MAN TO EVER WEAR PANTS UPON HIS HEAD AFTER AN EFY DEVOTIONAL! Let the world know it!
Such is life.
Here's something to cheer you up as you are certainly drying your tears from this downer:

0 comments: