BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 6, 2009

Movember Update

November is Movember. For more information, click here.
So there is an actual person in my ward here at BYU that has cancer. I don't know what kind, I really don't think it's testicular, but he has cancer! He came to church one day without any hair, and when I asked him when he joined the ROTC, he told me the real story of chemo-therapy. Is that how you spell chemo? Keemo? Hmph... I didn't pry too much, knowing it could be a sensitive subject.
In light of all this, I am growing a mustache this November for testicular cancer awareness... or rather, just for awareness. I find it a truly noble cause, because I am down-right hideous with this growth on my upper lip. I'm pretty sure they turned me away from the plasma clinic yesterday for just being ugly (They claimed I had too few proteins in my blood after I had just eaten two home-made cheeseburgers... ya right!). So, expect Ignacio Libre to turn up for Thanksgiving in a few weeks, definitely not Todd.
Who will be a mo-bro with me!?
In other news, one of my desperate attempts for income was signing up for online survey taking. Now when people ask me what I do for my job, I tell them that I am a marking research assistant, and it's not that far-fetched if you think about it. I could be just getting scammed through all this, but you never know until you give it a try. Right? Why did they ask me my pants size?
In other other news, I got two sets of ladies' digits in one day, and did so much country dancing I almost died! Man, with all this social activity, you think I'd get a date someday or something.
Finally, I went to mentor's day today for print journalism, and received inspiration for how I may yet get my foot in the bolted door know as the Daily Universe. It all starts with Movember.

Here's a rare funny video from a recent SNL that has only one swear word in it.

1 comments:

Bentoxic said...

Sweet. Started my Mo-stache on the first. Will post pictures of status as month goes on on Facebook. You sign up? I couldn't talk Pete, Dad, or Jonno in joining me. Only Jake seemed interested. He was going to ask you. You have to get donations as well. GL