BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dream Journal and Doy! Moment

I once walked in late to Spanish class in high school. When Mr. Langner asked me why I was late, I promptly (and truthfully) responded, "It was the bees!" The whole class burst into laughter. Little did they know that a truck that was harvesting bees from the grass farm next to our house had actually backed up into our ditch and lost the little buggers into the surrounding atmosphere. Millions of bees were now zealously protecting their queen(s) amidst this sudden crisis from everything that moved, including hapless residents trying to simply get to the car in time for school.

Wouldn't you know those darn bees did it again? This time, however, it was only in the Freudian sub conscience of my unbroken R.E.M. It was me against the bees again, for they had made three temporary nests IN MY APARTMENT! You'd think that by now my sub conscience would recognize these absurdities and categorize the reality as not, in fact, reality... yet without a thought of how odd things were, I took a double-barreled shotgun and took one blast at the nest in my room. Of course, the bees were furious! So I shut the door to my room, gave it about a half minute, then returned to find the nest destroyed by my unorthodox method of pest control. On to the next few nests, but a few shotgun malfunctions prevented me from completing my quest before I lifted my head from the pillow and realized that my Spanish class had begun... thirty minutes ago.
I don't often miss my class, but when I do, I drink DosEquis. Not really... but I am still thirsty, my friends. Booyah! Quote mixed with shock value, wake up audience!!

Anyways, later on in the day, I don't think I fully had my wits about me yet. I came home from work to one of my roommates watching a home run derby. I sat and watched for a little while and was thrilled to see Lance Berkman wearing an Astros hat. I was like, "Hey man, I guess there's still loyalties there, huh?" And then I was even more thrilled to see Josh Hamilton repeat history with 28 homers, and I wondered why the commentators were not making reference back to that historic outing he had back in 2008. Perhaps I hadn't remembered it right? I questioned my memory instead of my common sense. Anyways, Berkman was definitely an Astro, so I began to be excited about the idea of him being back with the team. Then Morneau beat Hamilton in the final round, and I was thinking Yogi Berra, "It's like deja vu all over again."

It wasn't until I walked to the library and looked on Yahoo!sports and was baffled by how there was no breaking news about this incredible derby when it finally dawned on me... I was watching ESPN classic.
There's your doy! moment for the day.

0 comments: