BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 22, 2011

Some Words are Cooler in Spanish

Bastante!! That's probably my favorite Spanish word... Bastante! Sometimes, when I don't know what the answer is on my examen, I write, "Bastante!" If someone ever asked if I speak Spanish, I would answer, "Bastante!" Am I ready for the three day weekend? "Bastante!" Am I ready for Agosto? "NUNCA!"


Or am I?

So, being an English major, I definitely have my favorite English words too. Like, "Particularly" or "Unfathomable" or "Subliminabable"... snicker. I would have to say another one is "Rapport". And there's another one that I really enjoy, but I can't say it cause it's a biblical term coined as a swear. Hint: It involves a speechless beast of burden and is part of my favorite MLIA of all time.
And since I have favorite English words, I most certainly have least favorite ones, right? Wrong! I am an English major, so I love all words... (boooo!)
Ok, who am I kidding? I hate hate HATE the word "Yummy"! In fact, I hate hate HATE it so much, I will, from this point, censor it from my blog. Just know that if any adult ever uses that word in a room that has no current inhabitants under the age of ONE, that adult drops in maturity and age by a number equal to their current age minus one. If that went over anybody's head, I'll provide an example: if a 25 year old referred to a smoothie or cake as "y*****" (bleep!) and is not cooing to their own child who doesn't say words yet, then that 25 year old just became the one deserving to be spoonfed and spanked. People still spank one-year-olds, right?
Here's a much more tolerable alternative: "Omnom". Made popular by Parry Gripp.
Here's another terrible word: "Belly". Gross! Not the actual body part itself, which is weird enough as it is. Any food or brand involving the word "Belly" becomes ten times more undesirable. (For the record, Jelly Belly's are still somewhat desirable, Cornbelly's corn maze... not so much)
So, if you are feeling particularly annoying, feel free to use these words in my vicinity. I just might fire back with one of my favorites. TOMKINS MADE A SWEAR!!!
I had a churro today and it was amazing. Swamp People is my new favorite show.

Do you ever get a piece of chicken stuck back in your molars that just won't leave that peevish part of your consciousness? Then it comes loose after hours of will power (or minutes of flossing), and, oh, what a sensation! THAT is satisfaction and THAT is good for your heart.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

You don't like the corn maze?! Even when it was explored with your ever so awesome niece and nephew and brother in law and sister!? Gasp. I'm sad.

lene b said...

swamp people is HILARIOUS!!!