BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Super-Power

I realized over the three day weekend that I am an X-Man! I really do have a super power! My super power is causing my own electronics to go haywire. I'm kinda the opposite of Magneto mixed with a little Havoc.
I had to replace the alternator on my car on Monday, which makes this the third time I've had to replace electronic instruments on my car. Take into account my last phone that used to have the digital interface flip upside down and backwards, and sometimes invert the colors or not show up altogether, and that becomes our second piece of evidence. The third--my computer. Too many problems there to even count. There's also my digital cameras that have stopped working for some reason, and my last Foreman grill. Actually, for the Foreman, I simply lost the electrical connection, but you get the idea.
Soooooo, if you have some pesky electronic appliance that you just want to short out or something, I am your man... or perhaps your X-man.

Small dream journal plug here too
Last night, I had a dream that I drank a whole can of beer and was having quite the party. I even broke up a fistfight between two of my former roommates, whom will remain anonymous. Did I use 'whom' right?
And then, my roommate gets his mission call yesterday, so all my dreams last night were those ones in which I'm out serving a mission again. I actually get those a lot! Usually I am quite conscious of my last mission, and I think things like, "Man, I am serving a second mission. Spiritual GIANT!!" or "I've gotten along with all my companions this mission. What was wrong with me last time?" or "I wonder if they'll ever release me this time?" or "I'm gonna teach 673 lessons this week."
Sometimes my dreams take me back even further. Two nights ago I had a dream that I was in high school football practice again and coach put me in as third string quarterback behind Javier Solis and Chris Sodek. I remember the first drill we ran in that practice as we were wearing our gameday jerseys and everything (again, an anomaly which should have alerted my subconscious) and the guy I was supposed to throw to was like a mile away. My attempt at a throw to him was embarrassing, but I got better after the third attempt and I started to believe in myself. Maybe I even thought something like, "When I get to college, I could be a pretty decent quarterback for an intramural team." Ok, I really didn't think that.
After both of these retro-dreams, I woke up feeling nostalgic and a bit relieved to be in my position. I think about those times often and how I miss certain aspects of my past life. Perhaps that's what these dreams are for, then, to help us live in the past again for but a moment, and then return us back to our reality with a greater appreciation of how we have progressed and learned up to this point. That way we don't waster our lives looking back on what was or could have been.
Or maybe I failed to learn something on my mission or in high school football that the universe is trying to teach me... maybe that's why I have all this bad karma with electronics.

2 comments:

The Jake said...

Dude, I used to have those mission dreams all the time, until I joined the Army... Anyways, don't feel too crazy about your dreams. I knocked a kid out in mine last night, he was just anoying me so I punched him in the face a few times.

Lindsey said...

Jake! You need to come back to me so you stop having dreams about punching people! Too much testosterone around you. Ugh, Todd do not be influenced by his evil ways.