BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Flashbacks

Today I was thinking how sad I am that I didn't start writing in my journal until my freshman year at BYU (and I've written in it every day since except for a lost stint from late 2008 to 2010). I lament how time has faded some of my fondest memories from my childhood through the days of my youth. Some times, however, stick out to me in such a way that I will never forget them.

Oddly enough, they can be quite random. I remember like it was yesterday when we were helping the Hortons move out of their new home, I must have been in sixth grade or so (making it about 14 years ago) when a truck drove by with a picture of two businesslike fellows on the trailer. I remember pointing to one of them and telling my dad (or maybe it was my brother), "That's what I'm gonna look like when I grow up."

So now that I've kinda grown up, I remember the picture well, and I wasn't that far off... as far as the face and hair go. The business suit--not so much.

And then just a few days ago, I saw this commercial for like the infinitieth time, and I thought to myself, "That's what I'm gonna look like when I grow up."



I can only hope my teeth will be that nice.

0 comments: