BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Put Space Pirates on your Testimony Bingo

I was sitting next to one of my former roommates at testimony meeting the other day. He started listing off the cliches of testimony meeting that have inspired such silly and disrespectful games like "Testimony Bingo." You know, phrases like, "I didn't think I was gonna come up here, but I did."

So I says to him, "Well, how often do you hear space pirates being mentioned?" And then I promptly went up and mentioned space pirates in my testimony... twice.

Don't think I made a mockery of the meeting. It was in context and a very heartfelt testimony still. Sometimes in class, I think about how cool it would be to be a space pirate, like the ones on Treasure Planet, you know? Then I think about how happy church makes me, and then I realize that thinking about church makes me happier than thinking about being a space pirate.

BOOM, testified!

1 comments:

Erin said...

Testimony Bingo is probably the only thing that keeps me from falling asleep at least once a month in sacrament.

It also would probably help if the speakers mentioned space pirates occasionally. Hmmm.