BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Man Card

Here are some recent reasons why I am cutting corners off my man card:
1. I watched some food network the other day. Gina and someone Neely show... and I liked it.
2. I am reading Emma right now. Not for school... for fun.
3. A few weeks ago, I was playing basketball and I was guarding this girl, and she made me look like Tulsa trying to guard Rebekkah Brunson.
4. I just used a WNBA reference...
5. I can no longer do 10 reps of 135 on bench press. I probably can't even do 5.
6. I opted for institute tonight instead of game 4 of the finals.
Note: In my defense, this is a spiritual trumping which can be considered quite manly, though not by the world's standards. However, I did forego watching it at Iggy's with my roommate for a sort of bachelor party, so that's another point against me. Then again, I went to institute at the encouragement of a girl who didn't even show. I was promptly forgatten. Yup. ForgAtten. I don't know where I'm going with this...
7. While playing "What's Yours Like?" the other day, to describe my "Beauty Secret," I said "Inner."
8. I like to call my teacher (who doubles as one of my good friend's wife) Mrs. Yancey cause it reminds me of grade school days.
9. My favorite EFY song is not sung by Brett Raymond (you may know him as the LDS Sting... Remember the Promise, Do Likewise My Friend). Instead, it's by a girl and it's about girls. Hey, she's Irish. I think.
Note: This girl was actually in my Freshman ward here at BYU, back in the days of DT.
Also Note: Bono is Irish.
10. I giggle at gossip, but only the gossip I write in my own journal to myself. Wow.
11. I'm afraid of bees.

So there's some just to name a few. You may be wondering how my man card manages to have more than four corners... just remember that when you cut a corner off, two more appear. It's just that at this point, I've done it so often it's pretty much a circle.

And if anyone is really lost with this post, the Man Card is metaphorical.

0 comments: