BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Bright Light

Did I mention I reffed for four hours in the freezing rain Friday night? It feels so much like Christmas already... for me.
So I spent most of the 177th semi-annual general conference at Jake and Lindsey's place. It was awesome. This time of year always seems to weigh so heavily on the souls of men (at least on my soul, even in the mission) that conference brings a wonderful reminder of the promise I am so fond of in 3 Nephi 22:10 (or Isaiah 54, I think): "The mountains shall depart and the hills shall be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, nor shall the covenant of my peace be removed, sayeth the Lord who hath mercy on thee." Roughly memorized... I have a lot of prayers up in the air right now it seems, and now I know that they will be answered, only not in my time, but in the Lord's. Everything will turn out all right. I know this. It's happened to me time and time again.
I got to attend the Priesthood session in Salt Lake with my roomies, and I also had the opportunity to attend the Sunday afternoon session, though I turned it down. There were eight tickets, and I felt like I should give four of my roommates the opportunity to take dates. And some of them failed... but oh well, I'd rather be here with my family than with them. The social life will come in time... in the Lord's time. Does that sound odd?
Well, I'm ready for a new week now, with new grades and opportunities, as well as new trials and disappointments. Such is the calling of an ordinary guy amongst an extraordinary people and with extraordinary responsibilities.

0 comments: