BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 4, 2008

The Deja Blues

It seems I've been here before... beginning of the semester and I do something silly and prove that I am a Martin and therefore injury-prone. The verdict from the health center today was a high-ankle sprain. That effectively puts me out of work for two weeks... so what's the first thing I do? I celebrate my poverty by asking a girl out!! And she said she'd get back to me later. Sure, I suppose she needs a few hours to think of an excuse. That's what I get for asking out a white girl...
Nevertheless, I am determined to see the Polynesians, Native Americans, and assorted Latin Americans dance and sing this weekend! In celebration of the international month that I never really did (come on, who was I kidding?), it only seems appropriate. I will continue to ask girls to come with me, and if I only get rejection after rejection, it's ok... I've been there before too.

5 comments:

superherotrainer said...

What kind of girls are these? I don't care who the guy is, these girls you are asking out are plain rude and not worth your time, in my opinion. Nonetheless, good attitude Todd.

Lindsey said...

it happened to jonno too. the 10-15 % of girls up here have their perfect man picture. they get asked out a lot, and if you don't fit in with their picture, you get the boot. it hasn't changed much since i've been there. then there is the other 80-90 % that wants to find the perfect man and doesn't have any creations in their head already...but never get asked out. i didn't get asked out much. and it's not like i let it be known that i had jake on a mission either. so is the stupid typical BYU dating life. so just find the girls that meet you and you become their perfect man, not the girls that will try and mold you into theirs.

Retep Graybeard said...

Ridiculous. I got rejected once for a date, and I asked 7 girls out for that date (not at the same time.) I guess I fit the perfect man picture, or I asked the right girls. Also, I would like to point out that I am not accident prone, unlike my brothers. So I guess the mold was broken after I was born. What can I say? Hoowah!!

I Study Sticks said...

Well, it wasn't like a "Forget you" type of "I'll get back to you later". She said she'd love to go. But.... she did not call me back last night like she said she would. So I'm kind of hanging... do I ask someone else now or do I still wait?

superherotrainer said...

I'd just call her to make sure she can or cannot go, so you can try for another date if you need to. It might be embarrassing if you end up with two dates.