BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sorry BYU, but my blood is still more red than blue

How about those Rockets?!! Twelve straight!! It makes me so excited I could just chuck my monitor, CPU, and speakers out the window! The keyboard already went, remember?
You know, I realize there are a lot of things that get me excited in life.
So, I had decided that if the Rockets won 15 straight (tying the franchise record), I would celebrate by streaking through campus with something like "15-0 Feb!" painted on my chest and a ski mask. Who cares how cold it would be? Then I got an ecclesiastical endorsement interview today, and realized that might not be the best thing to do.
So, what do I do to celebrate the fire that T-Mac and Yao are on? Shoot off bottle rockets from the roof of my apartment building? Ask out every Texan girl from my ward in one weekend? Wear red shorts, socks, and underwear to work? Or maybe, I should do something I won't get in trouble for, like have a barbecue, and make sure no Lakers or Mavs fans get invited.
One thing is for sure. I'm going to buy a Rockets shirt from Fans and wear it all week, never taking it off except for showers... maybe.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ben stayed up and watched that game too. It was fun! My vote is to make a vow only to date girls from Texas, so you know you can move home again, and that they will cheer for the right team. (It worked for Ben).

Although if you do decide to run shirtless through the snowy campus, I want pictures.

Retep Graybeard said...

YOU CURSED THE ROCKETS!!! FOR SHAME!!! NOW YAO IS OUT FOR THE SEASON AND YOU ARE TO BLAME!!! I'm not really yelling, it's all for effect.

I Study Sticks said...

Yup, I spoke too soon.

Now it's time for T-Mac to step up and have a killer season. DON'T LOSE FAITH!!

Unknown said...

Ben called me yesterday at work and the first thing he said was "TRAGEDY!!". I thought something had happened to my kids or someone had died. He was just talking about Yao.

Just for the record, Yao does not qualify as tragedy. It's not nice to scare a pregnant woman like that.