BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 18, 2008

Twenty-Two, Just a Day Older

The twenty-first year of my life seemed to rip by like the roaring 60's, filled with significant changes and big decisions.
And it's only begun...
Another week has come and gone. Today is the last holiday of BYU this semester. That's a bit of a scary thought... as well the fact that I will be going back to work this week. Not much to look forward to, but lots of warm, fuzzy memories to look back on.
Speaking of, I got about six "warm fuzzy" notes wishing me happy birthday yesterday. Yay.
So earlier this week, on Tuesday, I went to an interview to participate in EFY as a counselor. There were about six other candidates there, and all of them were wearing a white shirt and tie. I wore a colored shirt and silver tie. I hope that didn't count against me... or the fact that I was from Texas and they were all from Utah. Actually, I think it went well. But hold on to your seats, because we all will be dying with anticipation for the next FIVE to EIGHT weeks waiting for confirmation of whether they'll take me or not. Ya, that'll be right before summer. Bummer.
Later on... Wednesday, I went on a date to the jazz concert on campus. It was fun, but I think the jazz singers over-scatted by a mile. Every time they would start, "Zee bop boppadee day..." I would burst out laughing. I hope I didn't offend the poor singers, I was close enough to the stage to make a spectacle of myself.
Thursday... wasn't there something special about Thursday? Some sort of holiday or something... must have missed it.
I spent the weekend largely with myself and the Russells. I figured I was so social last week, I had an excuse to be reclusive this week. You know, if the Lord didn't tell us to get an education and a wife, I might just retire in the woods somewhere with my cat and live out my days in solitude. Just me and my thoughts... sailing far away... (it's a song).
Then Sunday was my birthday. Hoowah! Blech... I may be twenty-two, but I'm only a day older today. After church (where my roommate Austin announced my birthday in Priesthood) I went to Jake and Lindsey's again to enjoy chicken cordon bleu and mashed potatoes. I would eat it every meal if I could! Course I would clog my arteries and die, but it would be worth it! Maybe if I had some wheatgrass on the side I could pull it off... Anyways, I returned for ward prayer and then we celebrated the three day weekend at the Nunez's with game night. I lost in Catch Phrase and Nurtz... on my birthday!! Come on people! Good thing I'm not as competitive as I used to be, or I might have said some really angry things. Which I might have done anyways...
Thus it is. Now there is a leftover chicken cordon bleau calling my name in the fridge. The thought of eating it is almost as exciting as going to Fuddruckers... but only if it was for free.