BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Weekend Adventure

When we say the word adventure, what do we usually think of? Trying new things? Fun, maybe even danger? And of course, you need your hero, right? Well, this weekend definitely included all these things, though I don't know if I would qualify as "hero".
Saturday began with work, as usual. After four games and lots of running, I joined my own team to actually play. Being more stable on this ankle of mine, I was getting back into my usual game:

Todd Martin #45 Guard Turnbull A.C.'s

Height: 5-7 Weight: 140
Born: Feb. 17, 1986 - West, Texas
College: Brigham Young University
Draft: 2008 fourth week of semester


March 1: Martin had 8 points on Saturday's game, going 3-5 from the field with only 10 minutes of playing time. He also added two boards, one steal, and no turnovers.

Advice: Although he's still wearing the ankle brace, Martin seems to be getting back to his usual form on the court since his ankle sprain over three weeks ago. Although his hustle is great, his offense is still too lacking and minutes are too slim on the large team to really make him worth any fantasy intramural business.

Ok, this wasn't the adventure. The adventure came shortly after the game, where I drove to Heber City to help Nathan Kuhn go door-knocking for his business. It was College Works painting, Jon has been there before. I don't particularly enjoy door-to-door, though the people were nice, and I got one lead in an hour and a half of work. Then the weather went sour and it was time to drive back through Provo canyon to meet up with some old mission friends. It was 6:30 p.m., the sun had gone down and snow was flying at my windshield... horizontally!

I've never taken a scarier trip in my life... visibility was incredibly limited at times. I prayed a lot! And U2 serenaded me the whole way home.

Thus ended my own personal type of Zion's camp. It was a good experience, really pushing me to the limit and going through that for a good friend. Something dad might call "character building"... Back in Provo where the weather was nice, we watched Vantage Point, which is a very unique movie. It's incredibly intense, but it seems to leave some unanswered questions in the end. So go watch it, but hold on to your pants!

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead, today and tomorrow have yet to be said (in an exaggerated vibrato tenor voice, Jon should catch that one). Ya, the weekend isn't over yet. Church just ended, and there's a whole Sunday left! Who knows what lies in store?! I'm guessing ice cream...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

too bad it won't be bluebell.

i'm glad your ankle is feeling better! be careful in all of that snow.

superherotrainer said...

Todd are you going to get some action:) Do guys even do the ice cream thing? Is Nathan's family still in Baybrook? Kind of strange you all became such good friends and we introduced you all (at least I think we did)?